As Victoria continues to move through the latest state government COVIDSafe restrictions, Football Victoria (FV) have today released updated Return To Play Conditions (All Ages) for our football community.
The key changes include:
- A new density quotient of 1 per 2sqm applies at regional venues if using a COVID Check-In Marshal (i.e an individual at the entrance ensuring all attendees check in via the venue’s Victorian Government QR code) – otherwise a density quotient of 1 per 4sqm applies without a Marshal
- Indoor facility cap increases to 300 people indoors, outdoors remains at 1,000.^
- Spectators allowed within venue cap and space limits*+
- Density quotient of 1 per 4sqm continues to apply
* Important: Local governments may enforce stricter requirements than the above on Clubs. Additional limitations may apply to the number of personnel that Clubs can have on site, which may impact the ability for the Club to allow spectators. In addition, Clubs may have additional COVIDSafe requirements of attendees. Please ensure you check your Club's website and social media channels for any of these additional restrictions before attending.
+ There will also be Clubs that regularly attract a crowd in excess of the 1,000 outdoor facility cap/300 indoor. As above, please ensure you are monitoring the Club's website and social media channels before attending.
^ Clubs can apply for an exemption to the venue cap under the Public Events Framework.
Clubs are requested to review the changes in detail and to continue to liaise with their Council (or other land owner) in relation to venue and facility access. If your Council is imposing additional restrictions, please inform FV via email@example.com so we are across these requirements.
Clubs are reminded that compliance with FV’s Return to Play Conditions is mandatory.
Our COVID-19 FAQs may assist with answers to common queries.
For any other enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.