Grievance, Disciplinary and Tribunal By-Law
The Grievance, Disciplinary and Tribunal By-Law (GDT) ensures that all Club Associates and Match Officials observes and encourages participation in Football within the Laws of the Game. The GDT provides processes, procedures, guidelines and penalties for any Club Associate(s) who breaches the Laws. The 2018 GDT are available to download here.
The GDT By-Law is the Legal, Regulatory & Compliance Department’s primary empowering document.
2018 End of Year Report
This review provides an overall summary of the disciplinary issues in 2018 football season. In this report, you will find statistics and analysis on yellow and red card accumulations, misconduct offenses and tribunal cases.
Lodgement Forms and Fees:
- Red Card Appeal - $275 non-refundable
- Notice of Appeal - $1,100 refundable upon successful appeal
- Tribunal Request Against Federation Imposed Fine - $275 non-refundable
- Mediation Form
All administrative fees include GST and must accompany any Tribunal or Appeals Board request form. Failure to attach payment with any such lodgement may result in the application being deemed invalid. Fees are preferred via Credit Card and will not be accepted from from Club accounts held with Football Federation Victoria.
It is important that all of the stipulations of the relevant GDT By-Law, in particular with respect to lodgement times and relevant fee requirements, are strictly followed, or an application may be deemed to be invalid.
Tribunal Fact Sheet - If you are required to attend Tribunal, it is important to know what is expected and how the hearing will take place.
Racism has no place in football.
We must respect and treat others the way we expect to be treated. FV is determined to stamp out unauthorised behaviour, to ensure the integrity of our game. Along with the Don’t Stand By, Stand Up! Campaign, FV is continuing to work towards ensuring our game is free of anti-social behaviour. To assist us, we have developed a form whereby any racial incidents can be reported directly to FV.
Racism can take many forms, such as jokes, comments and exclusions that cause offence or hurt, sometimes unintentionally; name-calling or verbal abuse; harassment or intimidation, and can often manifest through unconscious bias or prejudice.
If you have been racially abused, or have witnessed racial behaviour towards another individual, report the incident to FV by submitting the Report Racism Form.
To assist FV in achieving a game free of racism, complete the report racism form to the best of your ability.
Please note, if you choose to remain anonymous, or not provide any contact information, the report submitted may not be able to be followed up.
- How much does it cost to appeal a red card to the Tribunal? $275 non-refundable.
- Where are Tribunal hearings held? During the season, all hearings are conducted at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal in HWT Tower, Southgate situated at 40 City Rd, Southbank, VIC 3006.
- Where can I find Tribunal and Appeals Board determinations? All Tribunal and Appeals Board Determinations are notified publicly via the website, usually within 24 hours of the date of the hearing.
- How many Yellow Cards does a player have? The Yellow Card Register is updated several times each week and is available to view on the website.
- I know that one of my players has received 5 Yellow Cards however the Yellow Card Register shows fewer than this, what should I do? If you believe you have a player on 5 Yellow Cards we ask that you forward the relevant match records to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation. We will update our Yellow Card Register accordingly and notify you once complete.
- Which players are suspended this week? Player suspensions are notified to Clubs by e-mail and uploaded on the Player Suspensions Register.
- How do I know if a player who was suspended last year has any matches left to serve? The Carry-Over Suspensions Register is available to view online and contains all players who were unable to serve their suspensions in full in the previous season.
If you're still unsure please contact FFV on 9474 1800 (ext 3) or e-mail email@example.com