To become a referee you will need to complete the level 4 referee course and complete the Online Laws of the Game Certificate. The level 4 referee course provides participants with education and training to become a referee. The one day course consists of theory modules, practical sessions on a pitch to enable referees to begin refereeing at community level.
The aim of this program is to educate new referees on the FIFA laws of the game and disciplines of refereeing, to uphold these laws, standards of the game and contribute fair play of football in Victoria.
Obtaining your accreditation
1. Complete the Online Laws of the Game Certificate.
2. Attend a Level 4 Course as listed above.
3. Upon completing the course, the participant is linked with a Branch.
4. Attend two practical training sessions with your branch.
5. Attend two Level 4 Workshops with your branch.
6. Referee your first game on the field.