Football Victoria is pleased to release information regarding our Level 4 Referee Course for 2021. The theory component of the course will be conducted on an online platform whilst the practical component will be held after the participant has completed the theory at different locations across Victoria.
To become a referee you will need to complete the level 4 referee course and complete the Online Laws of the Game Certificate. The level 4 referee course provides participants with education and training to become a referee.
The Level 4 course forms part of the FFA Australian Officiating Development Schedule and is the entry level into refereeing. It provides participants with the first step into refereeing at community level in junior leagues. Referees can upgrade their qualification to higher levels in the future.
Obtaining your accreditation
1. Complete the Online Laws of the Game Certificate.
2. Register for Level 4 Referee Course
3. Receive login details from FV within 2 business days of registration
4. Complete Level 4 Course in a self paced environment via GO1
5. Attend Part D of the course (Practical Session)
6. Referee your first game on the field.