Football Victoria would like to bring clubs' attention to a structure fire in Thornycroft Street, Campbellfield which may affect surrounding areas on the weekend of April 6-7, 2019.
FV has contacted councils regarding fixtures for this weekend and at this stage, all fixtures will remain as scheduled. However, we wish to inform referees and clubs of the following if in the situation conditions do change over the weekend.
Clubs and or competing teams that fall within the Yellow Zone; Please note your fixtures will remain as scheduled unless the hazard classification changes to ‘Orange’. Appointed referees to fixtures in the Yellow Zone have been sent the relevant information regarding fixtures and to monitor conditions.
Clubs and or competing teams that fall within the Orange Zone; Further to the above, if conditions pose a danger to participants and or the hazard classification changes to ‘Orange’, the competition fixture may be abandoned in accordance with FV Rules of Competition. If the venue of your fixture falls within the ’Yellow Zone’, the conditions may be safe for the fixture to continue however please consider:
- Smoke density that affects visibility
- Smoke inhalation that affects breathing
- Presence of foul odour indicating toxicity in the air particles
Referees are instructed to consider the above factors, and should conditions endanger the health and safety to participants, they may abandon the match.
Should the factors listed above not warrant the match to be abandoned, please continue to exercise care for participants and members who may suffer respiratory problems or adverse effects.
Please be vigilant to the conditions at your respective Competition Fixture and the wellbeing of participants and members.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor
If you require any further information regarding the above, please contact your club representative.
FV Manager, Competitions and Football Operations Ezel Hikmet