Gambling is fast becoming a normal part of sport.
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation's Love the Game Sporting Club Program aims to counter the normalisation of gambling in sport, and to create safe and healthy sporting clubs.
Football Victoria is proud to partner with the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation, alongside more than 400 local grassroots clubs and elite sporting clubs who are part of this program.
Football Victoria encourages all clubs to join the Love The Game Sporting Club Program to raise awareness within your club community about gambling as an issue and protect young people from gambling harm.
The program focuses on reducing gambling harm and preserving what’s great about sport:
- shifting the focus back to the love of the game, not the odds
- minimising exposure to gambling activities and promotion
- increasing awareness of gambling as an issue in our community and how to avoid the risks
- supporting clubs to make practical changes to clubrooms and sporting grounds
- ensuring people know where to go for information and support if they need it
- a competitive edge for seeking grant funding
- community recognition through promotion of your club on our website, as a safe and healthy sporting environment
- interactive information sessions about how to avoid gambling harm
- ongoing, personalised support to help implement the program
- social media content to promote healthy messages to your membership base.
To be eligible for the program, your club must:
- compete in a Football Victoria competition over your relevant sporting season
- be a junior or senior community sporting club
- not receive sponsorship from a betting company or any other gambling provider.
Sign up to the Love The Game Sporting Club Program here: