Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and Blind Sports & Recreation Victoria (BSRV) have renewed their relationship through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
The long-term participation of people who are blind and vision impaired with football continues to develop and FFV CEO Peter Filopoulos says:
“We are delighted to be working with Blind Sports & Recreation Victoria again to promote the game of football across Victoria and providing more opportunities for blind and vision impaired people to play the world game. We look forward to building on this relationship and growing our programs together.”
Blind Sports & Recreation Victoria President Maurice Gleeson OAM says:
“It is exciting that the strong relationship with FFV continues to create and develop opportunities for both junior and & adult blind football players. These partnerships only continue to develop more opportunities for people both at a social and competitive level. We look forward to expanding and building on our positive relationship with FFV”.
Some of the highlights of the MoU include:
- Promote the relationship between FFV and BSRV to members and key stakeholders through:
- Developing and maintaining a blind football section on the FFV website
- Increase the awareness of blind and vision impaired football with FFV staff, through education workshops and forums, where requested by Blind Sports Victoria. FFV will facilitate the workshops with content supplied by BSV or agent.
- Support the development of senior Victorian blind football and vision impaired futsal players and teams to participate in national camps and national championships;
Blind Sport & Recreation Victoria undertakings
- Promote the relationship between FFV and BSRV to all members and key stakeholders, including but not limited to Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV), VicSport and VicHealth;
- Provide blind football and vision impaired futsal awareness to FFV staff, coaches and referees as requested;
- Support the development of senior Victorian blind football and vision impaired futsal players and teams to participate in national camps and national championships
- Be a part of a Gala Day or tournament run by FFV each year
For more information please contact Sharon Wong, FFV Program Development Coordinator – Diversity & Inclusion on (03) 9474 1805