Football Victoria (FV) is currently considering the implications for football following an update from the Chief Health Officer and the State Premier regarding the decision to enforce a lockdown on certain postcodes.
From 11:59pm on Wednesday night, postcodes linked to these outbreaks will go into local lockdown. For now, that includes the following: 3038, 3064, 3047, 3060, 3012, 3032, 3055, 3042, 3021, 3046. These postcodes will be required to return to Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions.
At this stage, FV understands that no football activities can continue in those postcodes, and residents in these postcodes are not permitted to travel outside their postcodes for the purposes of football.
We understand this will affect a number of clubs and participants at both the NPL and Community level.
As a result, FV is now considering its position regarding the resumption of competitions, some of which were due to commence this coming weekend.
FV’s intention is to continue to run competitions where possible - within part of a geographic footprint if required - where clubs are unaffected by this announcement.
Guidance to all clubs, participants and stakeholders will be provided as quickly as possible, once further clarity has been established as to how this affects our Return to Play plan.
We will continue to liaise with Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to obtain the latest information.
We understand the football community’s desire to gain further information, however until Football Victoria is able to obtain further detail and make decisions on each level of competition, we are unable to provide responses to individual queries.
For the latest updates, FV will keep updating its website and social media platforms in an effort to keep everyone up to date with the latest developments.
In accordance with the guidelines announced on June 22, we were in advanced preparations to release competition fixtures in the coming days. This announcement by the Premier will now require us to make the necessary adjustments in line with our detailed scenario planning and we will provide further updates to the football community on Wednesday, July 1.