Emerging Matildas Program
The Football Victoria Emerging Matildas program, formally endorsed by Football Australia (FFA), has been established to discover and prepare future players for the CommBank Matildas, A-league Women's and International Opportunities.
The program provides players an opportunity to train within a high-level professional environment with the objective to bridge the gap into the CommBank Matildas, A-league Women's and International representation.
The Victorian based program allows players to undertake training in a high-performance environment with access to coaching and support staff with experience of Australian National Senior and Youth Team programs across Men and Women.
The development of players are supported through areas including:
- Access to National Team Unit Staff Members
- High-Performance Competitive Training Environment
- Athlete Wellbeing Management
- Position Specific Technical Sessions
- Leadership & Culture Program
- GPS and Data Evaluation
- A-Licenced Accredited Coaches
- Accredited Strength & Conditioning Performance Manager
- Football Specific
- Individualised Home Programs
- Video Performance Analysis
- 2023 Home of Matildas
In 2020 as a recognition of quality, FIFA selected the Football Victoria Girls Talented Player Programs to conduct an analysis of its academy structure and setup. Only five boys and five girls programs were selected across Australia. Football Victoria Girls Talented Player Programs were chosen to be part of the High Performance Analysis. A Global Analysis was conducted by Double Pass to assess the status of Talent Development in a High Performance environment all over the world.