Rules and Regulations
Community Competitions - Metropolitan
- 2021 Rules of Competition - communicated and updated March 19, 2021
- 2021 Summary of Changes to Rules of Competition and Regulations - communicated and updated March 19, 2021
- U12 & U13 Competition Guidelines - communicated April 15, 2021
National Premier Leagues
- 2021 FV Geelong Rules Of Competition - updated April 16, 2021
- 2021 Summary of Changes to FV Geelong Rules of Competitions and Regulations - updated April 16, 2021
For FFA Cup, Nike FC Cup and Dockerty Cup Regulations please see the relevant Competition page under 'Resources'.
Match Day Risk & Security Policy
- FV Match Day Risk & Security Policy - updated February 2021
Extreme Weather Policy
Grievance, Disciplinary & Tribunal (GDT) By-Law
- Community Competitions Dispensation Policy - communicated and updated March 19, 2021
Why is a certain rule/policy the way it is?
In a general sense our regulations must be consistent with the broader guidelines and regulations of FIFA and the FFA. Further, they must be compliant with State and Federal law. We also have a lot of different stakeholders to consider; changing a rule to benefit clubs for example may prove detrimental to the freedoms of players.
Ultimately all of our regulations have to be both fair and practical. This means that they are always carefully considered and reviewed annually.
Can you make an exception to a rule for me on this occasion?
Our regulations outline our ability to grant exemptions; for some rules under certain circumstances it is possible - if so, this will be outlined in the relevant regulations.
If we are unable to provide an exemption then it will either be because it is not within our authority to do so, or because doing so would jeopardise the integrity of our competitions.
What is the best way for me to leave feedback/suggestions for certain rules?
The best way to leave feedback is via email so that we have a written record to which we can refer. Feedback can be sent to email@example.com, or directly to the relevant department.