Respect Round 2019
As part of our ongoing Respect The Game campaign, we’re calling on all our Victorian clubs to make a highly visible stand against anti-social, abusive behaviour, across the upcoming weekend of football (May 31-June 3).
Respect Round is a chance for our clubs to clearly demonstrate how they are changing the culture in their community. You can show your support in the following ways:
- Download and read the new Ground Marshal Handbook here. This document provides a scope of duties, ensures the code of conduct is upheld and that RESPECT
is in effect for all.
- Register for one of our Education sessions. These cover key topics that can go a long way to educating club members on how to build a great culture at your club. Register at https://ftbl.vc/RespectSessions
- Share your club’s initiatives! Demonstrate how your club Respects The Game across the weekend, sharing ideas you are running at your club online with #WeRespectTheGame. For example, you could have your players sign a pledge to Respect The Game; highlight a story of your club’s work to create a respectful culture; include messaging into your ground announcer’s script.
There are great prizes on offer for clubs across the round. Make sure you use the hashtag #WeRespectTheGame and tag Football Victoria in your posts.
- Show your support by updating your profile photo for this week with our Respect frame, available at our Facebook page from tomorrow.
- Re-post our Respect Round video on your channels using the hashtag #WeRespectTheGame (see our social media channels)
- Download our social media imagery below to share on social media
We all need to work together to keep our game strong, providing a safe, enjoyable environment that protects participants, match officials, club administrators, volunteers and spectators.
Social Media Imagery