As part of our commitment to our Victorian ‘Respect The Game’ campaign, we’re pleased to be able to offer education sessions for our football community. These sessions are FREE and we are offering 2 different programs on 2 key areas:
- Positive Coaching (Available in Metro, Geelong & Regional)
- Positive Parenting – For The Love of the Game (Available in Metro & Geelong).
• Understanding the modern generation
• The power of sporting clubs
• Positive psychology
• Identifying our 'Why'
• Modelling and teaching respect
• Effective communication
• Feedback & positive encouragement
• Building meaningful relationships
• Developing a growth mindset
• Leaving a legacy
Positive Parenting – For The Love of the Game
• Why do kids love sport?
• How can sport prepare us for life?
• Life is sport or sport is life - finding balance
• Sport and mind health - when does it become more than a game
• Sport and Identity
• Managing success
• Managing disappointment
• The role of parents
• How can parents best show support?
• Barracking or bullying?
• Positive encouragement
• Reflective questioning and active listening
• Parents and umpires
• Parents and coaches
The sessions will be held in convenient evening timeslots, at venues across Victoria. A full schedule is available below.
We encourage clubs to share this information with their networks to ensure representation at a session.
To register for a session, please click on the relevant link below to register your interest via email with the Club Ambassador.
|May 6th||6:30pm – 8:00pm*||Epsom Huntly Rec Reserve||Lachlan.Cole@footballvictoria.com.au|
|June 3rd||7:00 - 8:00pm||Glen Eira FC||Greg.Hurvitz@footballvictoria.com.au|
|June 19th||6:30pm – 8:00pm*||Craigieburn City FC||Josephine.LaPila@footballvictoria.com.au|
|May 30th||7:00pm -8:00pm*||Ballarat||Tony.Francis@footballvictoria.com.au|
|June 17th||6:30pm – 8:00pm*||Aspendaler Stingrays||Greg.Hurvitz@footballvictoria.com.au|
|June 19th||6:30pm – 8:00pm*||TBC||Josephine.LaPila@footballvictoria.com.au|
*Times are subject to change