Football Victoria will tonight launch its Strategic Plan 2019-2022 FootbALLways, off the back of data, showing last year participation in the world game grew 24% across Victoria, making the state the second-highest growth market in the country for the world game.
The Strategic Plan, to be launched at Football Victoria’s Annual General Meeting, includes the ambitious targets of 50/50 gender participation by 2027 and the establishment of 420 new and equivalent full-size pitches across the state to keep up with growing demand for our game and population growth.
The plan is centred around five pillars:
- Enabling Victorian clubs to thrive while providing great experiences to ALL
- Expanding and improving facilities of ALL types and providing infrastructure to increase access, utilisation and sustainability
- Provide the best opportunities for ALL to access and enjoy programs, competitions and pathways
- Increase engagement and advocacy of football to change perceptions and promote positive outcomes
- Provide our people with continued opportunities to develop and be leaders for culture, high performance, social change
Football Victoria CEO Peter Filopoulos said the strategic plan is ultimately about uniting, inspiring and enabling Victorians of all backgrounds to live and love football, for life.
“It’s clear the game in Victoria is in great shape. This new four-year strategic plan is designed to ensure that we build on this positive momentum and that, as stewards of the game in Victoria, we put in place the key initiatives that will sustain the game’s growth into the future”, he said.
Mr Filopoulos said the strategic plan, developed in partnership with Gemba, one of Australia’s leading sports and entertainment strategy organisations, incorporates around 244 clear actions across Football Victoria’s core areas and operations, and, importantly includes clear success and accountability measures for each area.