Football Victoria (FV) and Darebin City Council are proud to present the Women and Girls Extravaganza. Taking place at The Home of the Matildas on Saturday September 2, it's going to be an enormous celebration of female football and chance to get involved in a fun, social environment.
Come join us at The Home of the Matildas for this incredible event. There will be football-based programs for people of all ages, skill levels and abilities, as well as plenty of social activities.
Registration for all activities on the day is FREE.
The day will feature a host of football activities (see below and sign-up!) as well as:
- Food Trucks
- Free Smoothies
- Free 400 Gradi Pizza for GO Soccer Mums and GO Girls
- Free 400 Gradi Cooking Masterclass for GO Girls
- Live DJ
- Outdoor Games
- Hourly tours of The Home of the Matildas
- Heartbeat of Football – Free Heart Health Checks
- Free Raffle and PRIZES!
- and much, much more!
SIGN-UP TO GET INVOLVED IN THE ACTIVITIES
9:45AM | GO Soccer Mums Cup
Following a successful launch last year, the 7 v 7 GO Soccer Mums Cup is for women and gender diverse people aged 16+.
- Check in Time: 9.45am
- All skill levels welcome, ages 16+
- Included: You will receive 400 Gradi pizza, Nike training t-shirt and smoothie (Bike n' Blend) along with physiotherapy/ allied health services for all participants
10:30AM and 1:30PM | All-Abilities Come and Try Sessions
Free come and try sessions for Women and Girls with Cerebral Palsy (CP), Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or Stroke related impairments. No football experience is needed!
- Ages 5-12 register for the 10:30AM session
- 13+ register for the 1:30PM session
11AM and 2PM | GO Soccer Mums Come and Try Sessions
Fun and social football for women of all skill levels. You don't need to be a mum, or to have ever played before! Sign up, come along and have a kick in a fun and pressure-free environment.
- Darebin Women's FC will host the 11AM session
- Darebin United FC will host the 2PM session
10AM, 12PM and 1:30PM | GO Girls Come and Try Sessions
Run by expert coaches from Azaad Club Melbourne (10AM), Thornbury Athletic FC (12PM) and Keon Park FC (1:30PM), this is the perfect entry point for girls to get involved with our beautiful game. It's social, fun and welcoming to all skill levels.
- Included with registration is a 400 Gradi Cooking Masterclass for the 12PM and 1:30PM sessions
1:30PM and 3PM | MiniRoos Come and Try Sessions
MiniRoos is an introductory program designed for beginning and developing players who are new to the game. FV invites girls and gender diverse people aged between 5-10 to come and have a kick in a fun, social and pressure-free environment.
10:30AM | Walking Football Come and Try Session
Walking Football is a small-sided, low-impact, modified version of the game, suitable for all levels of ability and fitness, from people who are returning to sport after a break or those who’ve never played before.
More Activities Throughout The Day
- The Home of the Matildas tours will take place every hour. The new world-class, state-of-the-art facility has been purpose built for football and will be used ongoing for both elite and grassroots purposes.
- Heartbeat of Football will be provided free health checks on the day. Learn more about the organisation HERE.
LOCATION: The Home of the Matildas is located at Sports Drive, Bundoora 3086.
PARKING: Car Park 2A is the best bet for early arrivals, with extensive parking available a short walk from the sports precinct, across Kingsbury Drive.
If you have any questions about the day, please contact Natalie Pafralis, Women & Girls Project Manager at Natalie.Pafralis@footballvictoria.com.au