Football Victoria (FV) welcomes the Victorian Government's announcement of a relaxation of training restrictions for Greater Melbourne and a further relaxation of indoor/outdoor restrictions in regional Victoria.
FV was pleased to note the following key changes announced, effective from 11.59pm June 10 and subject to the release of FV's RTP/RTT Conditions:
- Senior players (aged 19 and over) can return to matches/competition
- Futsal can return, subject to density limits for indoor venues
- Full-contact outdoor training can resume for all ages, subject to the 25km travel limit
- Training groups will be limited to the minimum number required to facilitate the activity – in line with last week’s Regional directions, we expect this will include coaches, required support staff and one parent per junior participant
- No indoor football/Futsal
FV is actively seeking further detail in relation to the above – including any applicable venue limits - and awaits the release of Restricted Activity Directions by the Victorian Government, to complete our Return To Play Conditions (Regional) and Return To Training Conditions (Metropolitan).
FV will update our Conditions as quickly as possible upon receipt of this information, to ensure all Clubs and Associations have clarity for this weekend. We anticipate this release will be on Friday.
FV encourages all Clubs and Associations to commence any possible planning while awaiting these conditions, including sourcing written approval from the landowner (e.g. Council) before training/competition commences.
Our competitions team continues to work through rescheduling for the postponed fixtures and will provide updates to Clubs when available.