Following the announcement by the Victorian Government of a lockdown extension in Greater Melbourne and a relaxation of restrictions in regional Victoria from 11.59pm June 3, Football Victoria (FV) has today released updated Return To Play Conditions for Regional Juniors and Return To Training Conditions for Regional Seniors.
Please note, these updated Conditions apply to outdoor football in Regional Victoria. No football activity is permitted in metropolitan Melbourne.
Key changes include:
- Restriction of all community sport and training in metropolitan Melbourne;
- Players residing in Greater Melbourne cannot participate in community sport in regional Victoria;
- A return to outdoor training & competition for Regional Juniors aged 18 and under;
- A return to outdoor, contact training for Regional Seniors aged 19 and over;
- No indoor football activity is permitted across the state;
- No spectators permitted other than for parental supervision (1 per participant) and support people for players with additional needs;
- Changerooms/showers and other indoor spaces to remain closed, with the exception of toilets and canteen facilities (adhering to food & drink facility restrictions).
Clubs are requested to review the changes in detail and to continue to liaise with their Council (or other land owner) in relation to venue and facility access.
Clubs are reminded that compliance with the FV Return to Training Conditions and/or Return to Play Conditions is mandatory.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued patience, cooperation and resilience, as we continue to navigate through this evolving situation.