There's never been more interest in female football! A groundswell of support behind the Commonwealth Bank Matildas and the fast-approaching FIFA Women's World Cup 2023, have created the perfect launchpad for more women and girls to discover a love of participation in our beautiful game.
Female Football February provides Clubs with a framework to recruit ahead of the season, activating community interest and re-engaging their football family. Whether it is playing, refereeing, coaching or administration/volunteering; pre-season engagement will enable new and lapsed players to gain the confidence to take their initial or next step into football participation.
Attend the Club Information Session
FV is hosting a Club Info Session dedicated to Female Football February. The session will cover all of the key information, help you to workshop ideas and provide you with an opportunity to directly ask FV questions.
Date: Monday, 31 January
Meeting Link: You can access the meeting here
Boost Participation - Host a Female Football February event at your Club
Whether your focus is recruitment, retention or engagement, we strongly encourage Clubs to host an event to celebrate the role that women play within our game. Leading into the season,it's the perfect time to engage your local community and boost participation among women and girls.
Our Club support team has created some useful resources on the Club Support Program Page to assist your Club in hosting an event, you can view these resources below.
Promote your event through social media by tagging Football Victoria and using the hashtag #FFFVIC. One event will be selected from social media, winning $1000 to activate a new Women & Girls program at their Club!
Some suggested Female Football February events include:
- Free Come and Try Days (All Age Groups)
- Female Football Festival (Games, courses, entertainment, sponsors introduction)
- BBQ Day Out with Skills and Drills Practice (All Ages)
- Meet the Coaches/Committee BBQ for the Community
- Host a Female only Coaching Course/Referee Course
- Social Football 5v5 /7v7
- GO Girls - Run a program or host a GO Girls Football Clinic at a local school or community group to introduce local girls to football
- GO Soccer Mums
- Walking Football
- All Abilities Football
- Multicultural Day Out / Celebrate Cultures
- Try Outs/Team Selection Days
- Uniform Fitting/Registration Day with BBQ
- Goalkeeper Clinic
- Become a Leader workshop
- Social event for W&G (outdoor movie night, pizza night, karaoke, bubble soccer, engage local celebrity such as comedian, football celebrity dress up day)
- Explore an opportunity to invite an A-League Women's player down to your event for a meet and greet and autograph session
Promote Your Event with Football Victoria
Once your Club has created an event, submit the event information via the below form and we'll post it on our Female Football February Events Page. It's all about getting as many eyes as possible on your participation push so we'll help publicise your event and list it on our pages and social media.
Download Customisable Assets
Football Victoria has created a series of customisable templates ahead of FFF that are clean and easy to use. Please feel free to add any Club related content on the templates to share throughout the month.
We hope your Club will embrace Female Football February and set up 2022 to be the biggest participation year for Women & Girls ever in Victoria.